The practice can provide the following NHS vaccines:-
- Diptheria, tetanus and polio (DTP) – combined in one injection updated every 10 years
- Hepatitis A – 2 Doses, 2nd dose after 6-12 months which will then cover you for 25 years.
- Typhoid- Due to a national supply problem, we are restricted to a very small supply of stock per month. We therefore cannot guarantee the vaccine will be available on the day of your appointment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause however hope that you understand this is beyond our control. Valid only for 3 years
Malaria Tablets - these are not available on the NHS and will need to be purchased from a pharmacy. Some will require a private prescription, some will not. Advice will be provided by our nurses and if a prescription is needed from us, a fee of £10 will be charged. The prescription will be left at reception and handed out on receipt of payment.
If you are due to travel in the next few months and need advice or vaccinations please follow these steps:-
- Go to the fit for travel website: http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/ and check the vaccinations needed for your required destination.
2. Check your own vaccination records including any done in private travel clinics
- If you are registered for online services (patient access) you are able to view the immunisation history held by the surgery.
- If you do not have a record please email the surgery at, firstname.lastname@example.org adding Subject header - ‘travel advice ‘
- State your name /DOB / destination and dates of travel, and we will email you any vaccination history we hold.
- Once you have looked at your whole vaccination history and if you need further vaccinations. Please email the surgery with the vaccinations you will need.
- A member of our reception team will then call you back and book a travel consultation with one of the practice nurses.
- The surgery only supplies the vaccinations mentioned above, for any other vaccine you will need to go to a private travel clinic.
Some travel clinics available within the immediate area:
Keats Pharmacy Travel Health Service -www.keatspharmacy.com
(T) 0207 435 0587
Hampstead Heath Pharmacy- http://www.hhpharmacy.co.uk/
(Site updated 13/04/2017)