The practice can provide the following NHS vaccines:-
- Diptheria , tetanus and polio (DTP) – combined in one injection updated every 10 years
- Hepatitis A – 2 Doses, 2nd dose after 6-12months which will then cover you for 25 years.
- Typhoid- Due to a national supply problem, we are restricted to a very small supply of stock per month. We therefore cannot guarantee the vaccine will be available on the day of your appointment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause however hope that you understand this is beyond our control. Valid only for 3 years
Malaria Tablets - these are not available on the NHS and will need to be purchased from a pharmacy. Some will require a private prescription, some will not. Advice will be provided by our nurses and if a prescription is needed from us, a fee of £10 will be charged. The prescription will be left at reception and handed out on receipt of payment.
If you are due to travel in the next few months and need advice or vaccinations please follow the steps below:-
1. Please check what vaccinations may be required by reviewing the Travel Health Pro
2. Review your own vaccination records, including any done in private travel clinics, against those that you may require. (If you are registered for online services (patient access) you are able to view the immunisation history held by the surgery).
If you do not have a record please email the surgery at, email@example.com adding "travel advice" in the Subject header.
Kindly state your name /DOB / destination and dates of travel. We will email you any vaccination history we hold.
3. Once you have reviewed your vaccination history and identified that you need further NHS vaccinations. Please email the surgery, to request an appointment and list the vaccinations needed.
A member of our reception team will then either call or email you back and book a travel consultation with one of the practice nurses.
The surgery only supplies the vaccinations mentioned above, for any other vaccine you will need to go to a private travel clinic.
Please allow at least 4-6 weeks for any required appointments.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.
Some travel clinics available within the immediate area:-